Hello, neighbors! Paula Constance here with the latest edition of the Bedford Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain showers early, overcast later in the day. High 58. Chance of rain 60%. Tuesday evening, some clouds. Low 50.
Here are the best stories in Bedford today:
- Who doesn’t smile when they hear the name, The Friendly toast? The popular all day Bedford restaurant, imagined 20 years ago in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, opens its sixth branch in New England and the third in Massachusetts, in front of the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers. It is also planned to open a new site at North of Andover in autumn. Everything in the kitchen is “made from scratch” and “many ingredients are locally sourced”, with maple syrup from New England maples, ham from New Hampshire farms and cheese from Vermont. . Did I mention they also have a full bar? You can have a Mimosa or Tomato Infused Bloody Mary with your Friendly toast breakfast or lunch. (nshoremag.com)
- Health heroes: In a recent interview on the impact of the continuing increase in COVID-19 cases on healthcare workers, ICU doctors and nurses Catholic medical center in Manchester said they were “exhausted” and “disheartened” by the increase in the number of new cases and deaths. Intensive care nurse Abby bucchanio said, “during those times it was very difficult.” They treat patients of all ages, and many of the patients who arrive in the ICU are not vaccinated. His colleague, Dawn McGuire added that “the nurses are exhausted, the patients are sick, the families are devastated and everything could have been avoided.” Despite the influx of new cases, patient care is still a priority. We treat all patients like family, Bucchanio noted. “You go to your patient’s room and you make him smile … and give him everything we’ve got.” (Union leader)
- This is the time of year. Bright orange pumpkins are starting to fill pumpkin patches everywhere New Hampshire. If you are looking for the perfect pumpkin to take home on a cool fall day, you will find the best “Bedford area pumpkin patches to visit in 2021“listed in this new Patch article: (Patch)
today Bedford Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Whether you want to lower your interest rate or consolidate your debt, now is a great time to consider refinancing. Make a smart choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Bedford Track and Field Club: “Let’s hear it for our local business sponsors! LAC would like to thank The Inside Scoop for their continued support … ”(Facebook)
- Bedford Bulldogs Sports Strengthening Club: “Special thanks to these Bulldog Hockey athletes for their concessions help during Thursday night’s soccer game !! …” (Facebook)
- Bedford NH Police Department: “Yesterday we took part in the 15th Annual Fallen 5K Walk in Manchester honoring officers who lost their lives in the line of duty (pictured left to right – Sgt. Stefan Swiadas. .. “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Charmingfare Farm Pumpkin Festival (October 9)
- Symphony NH presents the opening night of the 2021-22 season (October 9)
- Come ride for a great cause benefiting the Ouellette family from Bow, NH (October 10)
- Charmingfare Farm Pumpkin Festival (October 10)
- Charmingfare Farm Pumpkin Festival (October 11)
- Meet a hopeful Olympic triathlete (October 18)
- Halloween an interactive nightlife experience (October 30)
- Add your event
That’s all for today. I’ll see you early tomorrow morning with another update! If you think your friends and neighbors would like to read these free newsletters, you can send them this link to subscribe.
– Paula constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I am engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.