FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. A dominant day in the roster culminated in a 7-0 victory for the NM State men’s tennis team over Mesa Community College on Saturday at the NAU Tennis Center.
The Aggies snapped a two-game losing streak by receiving strong plays from everyone who set foot on the courts.
• The Aggies’ three doubles tandems lost just four games in total to quickly take a 1-0 lead.
• Itay Feigin and Jordy Visser teamed up on the third row and earned a 6-0 shutout win over Duncan Mulenga and Andrew Hoffman.
• At the top on line two, Martin Simeck and Luca Fe d’Ostiani also picked up a 6-0 win over Cameron Khan and Arturo Salvo.
• With the doubles point in hand, NM State completed their sweep of the tandem game seeing corey clark and Gijs Akkermans coming with a top-flight 6-4 win over Austreberto Carlon and Harry Browning.
• Fe d’Ostiani kept up the pace once the duel began, claiming a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Lukas Baruffi in the sixth set.
• Clarke lost just two games in a 6-1, 6-1 win over Browning on the second line. The win extended the Aggies’ lead to 3-0.
• Akkermans secured victory for NM State by beating Mulenga 6-2, 6-2 on the fifth row.
• Visser ensured the Aggies’ shutout hopes remained alive as he secured a 6-2, 6-1 triumph over Salvo.
• Playing on the top line, Simecek went from strength to strength as the game progressed to a 6-4, 6-1 triumph over Carlon.
• Feigin capped off the day with a 6-0, 6-4 win over Khan in the third flight.
TO BE CONTINUED
• After playing its first 13 away doubles matches, NM State makes its 2022 home debut on Sunday, March 6 at the NM State Tennis Complex. The Aggies will host the New Mexico Military Institute at 2:00 p.m.